Giusy Caruso is Italian, but this sparkling young musician is looking eastwards. Her ReOrient research includes dance-associated selections from Jacques Charpentier's 72 Etudes Karnatiques, inspired by South Indian ragas. Immersing herself in India's Carnatic musical tradition, Caruso asks what, then, is the impact of a Western training? Is authenticity possible? Caruso’s is a reorientation of significance, in which dancers, musicians and audiences all lose track of the North Star.
- Giusy Caruso, piano
- Ayla Joncheere, choreography and dance
- Sandeep Kalathimekkad, voice
- Jacques Charpentier (1933) - A selection from 72 Etudes Karnatiques
This concert is the final part of Giusy Caruso's Phd research project.
- Koninklijk Conservatorium / School of Arts in co-operation with IPEM
- Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 Gent, €10 /€5 / 0