When harpsichordist Lisa Kokwenda Schweiger and percussionist Jacob Vanneste, together known as Two Envelopes, sought material, they seemed underwhelmed by choice. Despite all the compositions dedicated to Polish pioneer harpsichordist Elisabeth Chojnacka, 20th-century repertoire seemed stodgy. But not the 21st. Six composers had carte blanche to write intimate, yet adventurous works that surprise us about what harpsichord and percussion can do. With such titles as Lynched Franky and Merlin Goes Wild, no dust is settling here.
- Jesse Broekman – zonder titel
- Julia Emmery (°1988) – Lynched Franky
- Ruud Roelofsen (1985) – Translucid V
- Boris Bezemer – Stuk voor Two Envelopes
- Jasper Vanpaemel (1986) – Prison Couple
- Stefaan Quix (1967) – Soundtrack uit ‘Merlin Goes Wild’
- Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 GENT, € 20 / € 15 (red.) / €5 (-26) / € 0